Carpet Recycling UK is a non-profit membership association working with manufacturers, distributors, contractors, retailers, fitters and the waste sector to divert carpet waste from landfill.
With a membership of over 100 companies, core funding comes from carpet companies who are ahead of the game and taking voluntary producer responsibility, these are Balsan, Betap, Brintons, Cormar, Tarkett DESSO, ege Carpets, Headlam Lifestyle Floors, Milliken and Shaw.
Carpet Recycling UK works to:
• Develop strategic collaborations and networks to use carpet waste as a resource.
• Proactively engage with the sector to find new and developing end uses for recycled carpet.
• Identify appropriate reuse and recycling options for carpet waste including take-back schemes.
• Engage with members to understand and respond to changing market conditions.
• Influence environmental legislation and promote the sector to policy makers.
• Disseminate industry developments at conferences, trade events and exhibitions.
• Initiate research into processing carpet waste materials and publishing results.
• Support and promote members’ environmental and sustainable achievements.