Ocean Media Group is committed to protecting your privacy and takes its responsibilities regarding the security of user information very seriously. This privacy statement sets out how Ocean Media Group
complies with both UK and European Union data protection requirements. We have structured our website so that you can visit without identifying yourself or revealing any personal information. Once you choose to provide us with any information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
“Ocean Media Group” includes the brands The Flooring Show, Baby & Toddler Show, National Wedding Show, The Wedding Fairs, Confetti, Wedding Style Collective, Bridal Buyer, London Bridal Week, The Harrogate Bridal Show, The Stationery Show, Stationery Matters, Homes, Housing, Housing Expert, Inside Housing and Social Housing and their related events, products and services. If you wish to receive a list of our trading companies please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any queries about the policy, please get in touch with us using email@example.com
or write to us at Ocean Media Group, 3rd Floor, 4 Harbour Exchange Square, Isle of Dogs, London, E14 9GE and we will do our best to answer your questions.
What we collect
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ('data subject'); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
The personal data we may collect from you and process is:
Contact details, such as name, postal address, telephone number and email address
- Financial and transaction data, such as credit or debit card number, and bank account information where necessary for processing an order
- Demographic information such as seniority, preferences and interests
- Other Personal data such as gender, race, ethnicity and sexual orientation
Other data that we may collect from you is:
How we use your information
- Browser and device data, such as IP address, device type, operating system and Internet browser type
- Transaction data, such as purchases, purchase amount, date of purchase and payment method
- Cookie and tracking technology data, such as time spent on website, pages visited and other anonymous traffic data
This privacy notice tells you how we, Ocean Media Group, will collect and use your personal data for:
Why does Ocean Media Group need to collect and store personal data?
- To provide our products and services
- To process your order
- To personalise the website for you
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry
- To send you promotional emails and mailings about Ocean Media Group’s products, services, offers and other things that we think may be relevant to you
- To contact you via telephone about Ocean Media Group’s products and services that we think may be relevant to you
- To contact you via email or telephone for market research reasons.
- To improve or modify our services
- For audits, regulatory purposes, and compliance with industry standards
- To conduct aggregate analysis and develop business intelligence that enables us to operate, protect, make informed decisions, and report on the performance of, our business
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to Ocean Media Group in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide you on our behalf. This includes but is not limited to, event registration, subscription fulfilment and email marketing. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Ocean Media Group’s procedures. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.Click here
if you would like to know who we share your data with and why.How will Ocean Media Group use the personal data it collects about me?
Ocean Media Group will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. Ocean Media Group is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.Under what circumstances will Ocean Media Group contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.Can I find out the personal data that the organisation holds about me?
Ocean Media Group at your request can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If Ocean Media Group does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Ocean Media Group or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access this?
Ocean Media Group accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:
Passport, driving licence, birth certificate or utility bill (from last 3 months)